Saturday, January 3, 2009

Now I am ready

Now I am ready! I am driving (or actually riding while mom drives) home from shopping in Oklahoma City. Just to answer the question everyone asks, yes I am ready. All that is left is the puzzle/challenge of getting everything packed into my four 50 lb checked pieces and two carry-ons! Today, I finally got my third and fourth (XL, 60 linear inches, lightweight) luggage pieces. I had my last American haircut for a couple of years. I got 2 pairs of really comfy walking dress shoes, and a really nice dressy light raincoat. Guys, keep reading… I also invested in an ipod touch! It feels good to have the shopping done, except for a few toiletries that I will get from Wal-mart! All ya’ll who know what I bargain hunter I am know how much work it takes me to find what I want, so it is a BIG blessing that I have finally gotten all that done.

Okay, if you can’t tell from that first paragraph, one of my biggest tempations is materials. So I have to watch myself. But these are things that I will need for two years (mom had to remind me of that several times).

I am also ready, now because I have gotten to visit with most of you in person, and say “see ya laters.” I have been encouraged by friends, spoken to likeminded groups, done some heavy lifting up and laughed at and with family. Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday season to go to lunch and hang out with me. (I really want to plead with you all to try not to do anything over the next two years so that I don’t miss anything, but I know that would just be selfish.) Thank you for asking the tough questions of me. I hope I answered them well, a lot is still unknown. But to answer the other most frequent questions, no I am not scared. He has taken any fear away; He is faithful. And YES, I am excited!

I am also ready, and feel prepared by my 2 months of training. It was a real blessing. I learned so much and met some amazing people. Even though I am ready, I think that once I get there I will be shocked. I will have to take a big look and around, pinch myself twice and realize that the place that I have been working to get to for a whole year is finally here!

Hopefully, I will update you before I leave on the 9th, but if not, then I will let you know when I arrive. (Or even possibly give you an update during my 11 hour layover on the 10th.)

No comments: