We saw a movie in the mall tonight, and when I was telling my parents about it, I realized how different the movies are here, and thought that maybe you would be interested in the differences.
- You pick out your seats on a screen when you buy your tickets.
- You are escorted to your seats at the movie.
- It is comparable to a nice movie theater in the States with stadium seating and nice big chairs!
- 90% of the movies are in English with both French and Arabic subtitles
- 85% of the movies are Hollywood movies, a few are from the Arab world, and occasionally there is a Bollywood, I think.
- The matinee is about $5 and the evening show is $8, so that is comparable or better than the States
- Most of the movies from the States are fairly recent although we may be a month or so behind what is showing there, but if you want to see a movie here that is not showing in the theater, you can get a pirated dvd for $3.
- And of course, there are still those same middle school/high school kid that sit in front of you, talk, and change seats multiple time during the movie!
ESPIRT (I got 3 shirts there)