Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's getting closer...

Wow! I can't believe it is already October. I head to VA Oct 20. I have known that since May, but yet it still seemed soo far into the future that now it is weird that Oct 20 is getting even closer!

This week will be my last week of work at the bank. Working at the bank has definitly been a blessing. The bank has not been anything really challenging (mom says challenging is overrated anyway!), but it has been nice to have a good, flexible job. Even though it was just a transitional job, I have learned alot about people, working environments, the value of a small town bank, and the FDIC! The people there make the work more enjoyable too--even when you are cleaning out an attic, making parade floats, or calling customers that need to update their financial files! There are perks there too--Terris' lunch everyday, Relay for Life, and Girls Night Out just to name a few.

Then I will have one week to dot all my I's and cross all my T's before heading off to VA. I will be making a trip to OBU/OKC on Oct 13th, to meet with some people about the work I will be doing overseas, and to get a much needed haircut. (As a sidenote, let me know if you think I should keep my hair long or cut it to my chin/sholders let me know) I will also be having a garage sale on the 18th to get rid of some stuff that I will not need for 2 years-so if you are in the area you should come buy my stuff! :)

I started out to update you, thinkin' there was much to tell, but I guess I found some things, and hope I didn't ramble!

No comments: