Saturday, October 25, 2008

First few days of training

Currently, I am drinking from a fire hydrant of information at training, and getting soaked, but not drowning! Things are good here. It is so refreshing to be apart of a community that all has the same passion. I am living in a dorm with a beautiful view out of my window, I would post a picture, but I forgot my camera. The trees are all changing colors and there is a creek down the hill from my window that flows into a pond on the property.

It is hard to find a balance between meeting and hanging out with people, studying, and resting. Breakfast is only from 7-8 everyday, so that means you have to get up early, and go to bed early, which is hard. There are really cool people with lots of stories, but then there are really good resources to study here that we will not have overseas too! I am thankful that today is Saturday and I can get ahead on some assignments, take a nap, and then a bunch of girls and I are going into town for dinner and a Walmart run tonight, so I guess today is pretty balanced! :)

Don't let me get too far from the outside world--email me and let me know what is going on in your world!

1 comment:

Steve Coppedge said...

Par-Tay!! Wal-mart on a Saturday night. Now don't go gettting all crazy there in Virginia!