Saturday, October 18, 2008

Its as easy as Alif, baa, taa...

It is really not as easy as ABC, for me yet, anyway. Just thought I would share the Arabic alphabet with you. Note that it starts in the top RIGHT and reads to the LEFT, and that at least 5 letters sound like a version of the English "T." Oh, and the letters change forms depending on their position in the word (beginning, middle, or end). But as mom always says, "you can do hard things, " and I am trying! Although I did not work, this week was very productive. I spent Monday at OBU and in OKC getting to visit old professors and people in Campus Min. that I worked with. I also got to meet with a business contact that hopefully, the training company that I will work for will be able gain additional training resources from. I had a lovely dinner with Emily at Cheesecake Factory (yum!) and then got to have a sleepover with Amanda at OSU (fun!). Oh, and I decided to get my hair cut too, while I was there. (It is below my sholders when it is straight, which I will get to do more often, because it is easier to straighten now that it is short, and now that I bought a quality straightener!)

I fly out to VA on Tuesday for training. I will be in VA for 2 months, studying and preparing to go. I'm spending the next two days getting things in order, cause the next time I will be back in OK will be for just 2 weeks around Christmas. I will be sending an email newsletter out to my update group before I go, so let me know if you don't get it and I will add you to my list.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: