Saturday, November 22, 2008

Give Thanks

I have to confess that Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the sweets, decorations, parties, The Christmas Story, Christmas movies, giving and receiving gifts, the whole bit. Ironically though, I think this is going to be a really good Thanksgiving.

Training has reminded me how much I really do have to be thankful for. Even though I will not spend this Thanksgiving with family, I think I will definitely be more in the Thanksgiving mindset this year. I would like to share my thankful list with you. Please share what you are thankful for by commenting on the blog. (Just click comment link below, type what you are thankful for, and if you don't have a google account, select anonymous.)


I am thankful for:
(in no particular order)
Clean water, that I do not have to boil or treat to drink
That all my food, clothes, and shelter needs have been met
That I have a job, especially one that pays my bills
Internet
Dark Chocolate
Chick flicks
My family
Time spent playing with my family
Laughter
My p. partners
All the technological help from my brother
The really cool place that I will move to in January
That I can carry the Word as I travel
That I don’t have to change my appearance or the clothes I normally wear in my new culture
Your support
Airplanes, so I can travel fast
(still working on being thankful for airports)
Wonderful Friends!
That all my needs are met by the only one who can meet all my needs, before I even know what they are!
The Orientation experience
Lunches at Red Lobster with mom!
My personal relationship with Him
Hope
My dad's lap
Y O U

1 comment:

Steve Coppedge said...

Dad's Thankful list:
~a wife that is passionate about many things and keeps me on the top of the list
~knowing that those I love are secure
~parents that did their job
~daily provisions, both neccesities and a few desires
~a job and the ability to provide for my family
~His promises
~turkey, pie, coffee, waffles, chocolate, steak, ice cream, the list goes on...
~laughter
~oscar