Monday, April 6, 2009

New Post, Finally!

I know there are so many things you would like me to update you on, I just can't think of what they would be. Unfortunately, I have hit the point here that I no longer laugh out loud seeing people feather dusting their cars. It seems common to walk in front of cars in the street here, and to be honked at numerous times by taxi drivers wanting to know if you need a ride. I love my country, but unfortunately it has lost it "newness" if you know what I mean. I have turned down food, cigarettes, and arguile countless times... I have the whole "la, shukran" (no, thank you) while putting my hand on my heart thing down.


I am very defensive of Oklahoma, but I have to say that for a state larger than this country. This country may have more to offer. Here we have the sea, and the mountains! We have snow and rain. We have modern urban city, and rural nomads. It is truly a diverse land!


I still can't wait to show off the country. Everyday, I find somewhere new that I want to take my family or friends when they visit. Know that you are welcome anytime!


Below are pictures from my most recent retreat in the mountains.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026998&id=79800981&l=f0ddf00847

No comments: