Monday, February 9, 2009

Arabic Takehome Test, wait no its ORAL!

I also finished the 1A level at my language school, and start 1B next week! I had my first test, which I thought was going to be take home. I had promised my teacher that I would not look at my book. She said she was close with God, and he would know if I cheated and tell her, so I better not cheat!

But then when it came time to take the test, she found out from the administration that it was oral! Oh no! But then again maybe that would be better. So she brought me my oral exam, which was several pages and not at all what I would call oral. And I completely blanked, more than I have on any other test in my life! And this time I had my teacher sitting just a few feet away from me, bored out of her mind, watching me struggle through the test. Can you imagine having to watch an adult that speaks another language take a kindergarten English exam, and they can’t seem to understand what they are supposed to be doing? Rightly so, it very boring.

She helped me through it, though, and it was not graded. And she did give me “bravos” the few times I actually got something right the first time, which helped, cause I lost confidence very quickly. It was comforting that she crossed out some of the questions, because she did not understand what they were wanting!

Now, maybe I will be a little more prepared for my next text! At least it won’t screw up my GPA!

1 comment:

Jaclyn.... said...

Don't get discouraged! Keep studying and trying! I'd give you a "bravo" too!