Sunday, July 18, 2010

ANTS in my ......

okay, now to the post I indeed to make yesterday before I realized that I had not shared my "eat fish and swim" story.

ANTS have invaded! Last weekend I woke up to ants coming out of my laptop! I had left my laptop on the coffee table in the living room overnight. Not the typical place to find ants. After killing at least 20 mini ants, and using an can of air on the keyboard, the ants still crawled out of the keyboard! I did a little research online and it looks like some ants are actually attracted to warm electronics! weird?! I know! So I bought some ant pesticide powder. But I didn't want to just sprinkle it on the coffee table, so I put it in a bottle cap. Not sure if it is working. I used a brand called Baygon. Is that used in America too? Umm, I don't think it is working, or maybe I did not use it right, cause there are still ants on the coffee table. I was reminded of this the other day, because I woke up and realized that I had forgotten to put my computer on the dining room table (which lhumdillia has remained ant free!), I left it on the coffee table and it was once again infected with ants!! I killed over a dozen again!

Any suggestions?

And to the wonderful people who are letting me stay in their house for these last 6 months, who happen to also read this blog: I am sorry that I have let ants invade your house. I will do my best to get rid of them before your return! sorri :)

2 comments:

kellie j. said...

don't worry, as long as you don't let something really gross like lice infect our house, we will forgive you. have i ever told you about the time i got head lice? as an adult? gross. . . oronically the place we were in virginia last week had ants too. . . i found 2 on my toothbrush when i went in there to use it. scary thing is, i used it anyway.

Unknown said...

Have you been leaving it turned off?