Thursday, June 4, 2009

When was the last time your cable man said you had gotten a little fatter since the last time he saw you?

Mine was today! except he said it in Arabic, and then when I asked what he said, he struggled for 30 seconds to find a word in English and then resorted to using widening hand motions.

It might have hurt a little, but I know that if anything I have lost weight since the last time I saw him, so my clothes today, just might not be that flattering. But that is okay, cause I am not trying to attract the cable man!

The funny thing is that here, he was not being rude at all. Just making an observable comment. There is nothing wrong with telling people they are ugly or fat. Thankfully, I was able to just laugh this one off from the shock of it all when I got home.

2 comments:

Jaclyn.... said...

Oh, Laura! It's the same way here.

I came here as a volunteer 2 summers ago and one of my friends remembers me. A few months back she said, "You know Jaclyn, you are less fat now".

thanks.

The old ladies at ch*rch will also say if your hair looks bad or if you have gained weight!

Steve Coppedge said...

I finally figured out how to get the automatic blog feeds to my iPhone! Yea, now I will know right away when you post.

I wish I could see you so I can tell you that you look more perfect in every way since the last time that I saw you!